Seabuckthorn seed oil is a true nutritional anomaly: in this oil, you will find a near 1:1 ratio of 34% linoleic acid (Omega-6) and 32% alpha-linolenic acids Sea buckthorn seed oil also contains omega 9.
Both seabuckthorn seed and fruit oil are rich in nutrients such as carotenoids, (The seed oil is more potent) tocotrienols, and tocopherols.
This berry also has as much vitamin E as wheat germ, three times more vitamin A than carrots, and four times more superoxide dismutase, an important enzyme that helps prevent free radical damage, than ginseng. If that isn’t enough, Sea buckthorn is also the only plant source that contains omega 3, 6, 9, and 7, making this berry a complete omega family.
Rosacea - Sea buckthorn oil may also be beneficial for rosacea, a chronic inflammatory condition that causes small red bumps on the face, because of Sea buckthorn’s very effective anti-inflammatory abilities.
Softens and Hydrates - With Sea buckthorn’s high Vitamin E content, this oil will deeply penetrate the skin layers holding hydration and softening the tissue.
Acne - One of the best-known oils for combating acne. Topical Sea buckthorn application softens, smooth’s and strengthens the skin and reduces scarring, swelling, and inflammation, allowing the skin to break the inflammatory cycle and heal itself. Sea buckthorn is a mild analgesic, which discourages scratching and picking spreading bacteria and irritating the skin. It is also anti-microbial
Omega-3 - Alpha-linolenic acids help your body repair its cells, and provides the skin moisturizing.
Pro-vitamin A - rebuilds the skin. It converts to vitamin A – the most potent anti-ageing vitamin known
Loaded with Antioxidants - Vitamins A and E, Beta-carotene (small amounts only higher amounts are found in the Berry Oil) Superoxide dismutase, Phenols, Terpenes and Glucosides.
Saturated Fatty Acids: Palmitic Acid + Stearic Acid ensure high stability of the oil and its resistance to oxidation). These acids form a protective occlusion on the skin which strengthens the effect of a protective barrier. They provide appropriate turgor and firmness of skin, and have smoothing and softening properties
- Vitamins: A // E
- Minerals: Copper // Iron // Selenium // Manganese
- Antioxidants: Beta-carotene (small amounts only higher amounts are found in the Berry Oil) // superoxide dismutase // phenols // Terpenes // Glucosides
- Fatty Acids: // alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3 // gamma-linolenic acid (omega-6) // linolic acid (omega-6) // oleic acid (omega-9) // eicosanoic acid (omega-9)
- Saturated Fatty Acids: Palmitic Acid // Stearic Acid (They ensure high stability of the oil and its resistance to oxidation) These acids form a protective occlusion on the skin which strengthens the effect of a protective barrier. They provide appropriate turgor and firmness of skin, and have smoothing and softening properties
- Amino Acids: Arginine // Leucine // Aspartic Acid // Glutamic Acid // Proline
METHOD OF EXTRACTION - CO₂ (Hypercritical carbon dioxide) - CO₂ extracts are known for their strong similarity in aroma to the actual plant aroma.
INCI NOMENCLATURE: Hippophae Rhamnoides
PLANT PART USED: The seeds.
CULTIVATION METHOD: Certified Organic